Makes 6 tacos
- 12 oz. tilapia fillets (~3 fillets)*
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. blackened seasoning*
- 6 small corn tortillas*
- 1 1/2 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 6 tbsp. fresh cilantro, removed from stems
- 3 oz. queso fresco, crumbled*
- Lime wedges
Avocado yogurt sauce:
- 4 oz. (1 medium) avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro
- Dash of hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Water as needed to thin sauce
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Coat thawed fish with blackened seasoning. If making your own seasoning, combine spices in a bowl and sprinkle over fish.
- Cook fish for 2-3 minutes per side, until flesh flakes easily with a fork.
- Blend together avocado sauce ingredients, adding water as needed to get a pourable consistency.
- Wash and chop cabbage, wash and trim cilantro, wash and slice limes.
- If desired, toast tortillas in a nonstick skillet using cooking spray.
- Assemble tacos with cabbage, fish pieces, cilantro, avocado sauce, queso fresco, and a squeeze of lime. Enjoy!
Calories (per taco): 229kcal, Fat: 9.1g, Sat fat: 3.1g, Carbs: 20g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 2g, Protein: 19g, Sodium: 233mg
Recipe by Sarah Wilkins