Turn Your Resolutions Into a Reality: How to Lose Weight and Keep It Off
There’s nothing quite as refreshing as the new year.
It not only offers us a clean slate to start fresh, but it also allows us to reflect on the past year while providing the perfect opportunity to recenter our goals.
If fitness goals are part of your resolutions, then establishing goals, milestones, and a plan to help you stay committed are the keys to success.
The majority of us start off the year with the intention to get fit and stay healthy, but did you know that the failure rate for New Year’s resolutions is said to be about 80 percent and most have thrown their resolutions to the wayside by mid-February. We want to help ensure that this year you are not one of the many that don’t see their resolutions through.
Any goal is bound to fall flat without a roadmap to success. If you tell yourself, “I’m going to be healthy this year,” without outlying exactly how that’s going to be done, then the odds become stacked against you.
So, if 2020 is the year that you finally get in the best shape of your life, then check out these tips on how to make your New Year’s resolution into a reality.
Step 1: Pick Your Goal
First, you need to decide which goal you’re working towards.
Do you want to lose weight or gain muscle? Or, both?
Don’t worry about being too broad or dreaming big when first establishing your goals! This is the opportunity to think about what you genuinely want without worrying about how (that’ll come later!).
Step 2: Create a Plan
If losing weight is your goal, then it’s time to create a roadmap to success.
We know losing weight is all about diet and exercise. So, let’s create some measurable goals that will help outline exactly how you’ll lose weight over the next three months.
- Exercise three times per week
- Cut out sugary drinks
- Cut out refined carbohydrates for the first 30 days
- Exercise five times per week — cardio 3x and HIIT 2x
- Track macros
- No sugar at all during the weekdays
- Exercise five times per week — HIIT 2x, weight training 2x, cardio 1x
- Incorporate one hour of movement on rest days
- Track micros and macros daily for the next 30 days
Each of the goals listed above is accompanied by a measurable metric that helps outline success. For example, during the first month, you know that completing three workouts per week means that you are on track to hitting your goals.
By outlining measurable tasks as the stepping stones to reaching your top goals, you’ll have a better chance of staying committed to the life that you desire.
Step 3: Tracking Progress
Without tracking your progress, outlining goals and sticking to a plan is meaningless.
Throughout your weight loss and nutrition journey, it’s essential to keep track of how many times you have met your daily goals to help you stay aligned with your plan. If you aren’t hitting those measurable tasks, then maybe it’s time to try a different approach!
It’s also super beneficial to take progress photos every week so you can visually see your progress over time. This will be especially critical during moments when motivation may be lacking!
Step 4: Get Some Help From Supplements
Did you spend 2019 following the above tips, but aren’t seeing the results you want? Then, it’s time to look into how supplements can take your active lifestyle up a notch!
NLA for Her is specially formulated for women to help drive results and enhance performance. If you’re ready to get more out of your fitness regime, then check out a few of our favorites:
- Shred Her Max — thermogenic fat burner that promotes weight loss, enhances energy, and is an advanced diet supplement. Take thirty minutes before your workout to receive the best results!
- Uplift Max — high-performance pre-workout explicitly designed for women! Hit your hardest workout with sustained and clean energy that hydrates and activates fast-twitch muscle fiber.
- Her Amino Burner — get energy anytime, anywhere! Our amino blend is a fat burner supplement that boosts muscle support, increases metabolic rate, and enhances recovery.
- Her Night Time Burn — sleep aid fat burner that promotes REM sleep, stress relief, and relaxation! (Yes, this one burns fat while you sleep!)
- Her Appetite Control Performance Chew — advanced appetite suppressant chews that support weight loss and appetite control. They’re sugar-free, gluten-free, and only 20 calories!
Getting the results you desire boils down to having a plan, staying consistent, and remaining patient. Really, that’s as simple as it gets!
If you want even better results quicker, NLA for Her can help you get where you want to be. At the end of the day, make sure you’re listening to your body, giving it the nutrients it needs, and resting when necessary. Above all else, enjoy the journey and your new way of life!