Makes 6-8 servings
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp. ginger root, minced*
- 2 garlic cloves, minced*
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil*
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup Truvia brown sugar blend*
- 3 tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce*
- 2-3 tbsp. apple cider vinegar*
- 2 tbsp. orange zest (optional)*
- 1/4 cup water + 2 tbsp. cornstarch*
- Cook chicken, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes in a large wok or nonstick skillet with sesame oil over medium-high heat, cooking 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. You may need to split into two batches to avoid crowding the pan.
- Add orange juice, brown sugar blend, soy sauce, vinegar, and orange zest to wok or skillet with chicken and reduce heat to medium.
- Whisk together cornstarch and water, then add to wok or skillet, stirring until thickened (about 1 minute). Set aside.
- Serve orange chicken with steamed broccoli over jasmine rice, or cauliflower rice (not included in nutrition facts).
- Keep leftovers in the fridge up to one week.
Calories (per serving, 8 servings): 206kcal, Fat: 6.4g, Sat fat: 1.1g, Carbs: 11g, Fiber: 0g, Sugar: 5g, Protein: 26g, Sodium: 268mg
Calories (per serving, 6 servings): 275kcal, Fat: 8.6g, Sat fat: 1.5g, Carbs: 15g, Fiber: 0g, Sugar: 7g, Protein: 35g, Sodium: 357mg
Recipe by Sarah Wilkins