Makes 4 servings
- 1 can (1 3/4 cup) garbanzo beans/chickpeas, peeled, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. butter extract (optional)
- 1/4-1/3 cup stevia-erythritol blend (like Pyure or Truvia brands)
- 1/4 cup powdered peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. Truvia brown sugar blend (or sugar free pancake syrup)
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. salt (optional)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- For the chickpeas, drain the can, then “peel” them by pinching each pea to remove the outer hull. After separating the peeled chickpeas, rinse them thoroughly. If using white beans, simply drain and rinse.
- Add peas/beans to a blender or food processor along with remaining ingredients (except chocolate chips). Blend until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips and enjoy! If desired, you can bake the cookie dough for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees F (but I prefer the dough raw).
- Store leftovers in the fridge up to one week.
Calories (per serving, minus optionals): 294kcal, Fat: 14.5g, Sat fat: 3.2g, Carbs: 35g, Fiber: 9g, Sugar: 9g, Protein: 14g, Sodium: 380mg
Recipe by Sarah Wilkins