No matter how many intentions you set for a healthy 2020, those sweet cravings will always temp your progress.
Just because you’ve turned over a healthier leaf and decided to be more conscious about your diet doesn’t mean you have to say goodbye to desserts forever! Next time you get that sweet tooth, reach for one of these healthy protein powder dessert options to fulfill all your sugary needs!
Low Cal Chocolate Raspberry Protein Brownies
Indulge in an entirely guilt-free dessert with these super low cal brownies! With only 100 calories in each brownie, you can satisfy your sweet tooth without interrupting your progress.
¼ cup gluten-free oats
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup milk of choice
2 tbsp coconut oil
½ cup dark chocolate chips
½ cup raspberries, chopped
- Place oats in a blender or food processor and blend until it turns into a powder-like consistency. Mix in a bowl with cocoa and protein powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine apple sauce, egg, honey, vanilla and milk, and stir until smooth. Add to dry ingredients and mix.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler— boil water in a pot, place a bowl on top, and out of reach of the boiling water. Place the coconut oil and chocolate chips in the bowl and stir until melted. Pour melted chocolate into the batter and combine with other ingredients.
- Coat a loaf pan in non-stick spray and pour in the batter. Sprinkle chocolate chips and raspberries on top. Place into oven at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes.
- Remove brownies from the oven once cooked and place aside to cool. Store brownies in the refrigerator and serve cold.